Please use the text boxes below to submit your questions and comments. We will use these to inform our processes and to develop FAQs. Thank you!
Act 46 Background, and implications for CSSU:
Act 46, passed in the 2015 legislative session, lays out routes supervisory unions can follow to create more equitable, more efficient, and higher quality educational opportunities for students across the state.
Goals (Act 46, Sec. 2) are to:
Merger Types Allowable for CSSU under Act 46, Sec. 6(a):
- Provide substantial equity in the quality and variety of educational opportunities statewide;
- Lead students to achieve or exceed the State’s Education Quality Standards;
- Maximize operational efficiencies through increased flexibility to manage, share, and transfer resources, with a goal of increasing the supervisory district-level ratio of students to full-time equivalent staff;
- Promote transparency and accountability; and
- Be delivered at a cost that parents and taxpayers value.
|A. Unified Union District
Re-organization of a supervisory union into a single supervisory district.
For CSSU, this would mean a single board for all of our PK-12 schools with representation proportional to the population
If approved by voters by June 30, 2016, reduction of school tax rate by:
Year 1: 10 cents
Year 2: 8 cents
Year 3: 6 cents
Year 4: 4 cents
Year 5: 2 cents
|B. Modified Unified Union School District |
Re-organization of current structure into 2 districts and 1 SU – this would be the result of two or three of our communities voting for merger and one or two voting against merger by June 30, 2017.
For CSSU, this would mean 2 or 3 district boards and one SU board.
Reduction of school tax rate by:
Year 1: 8 cents
Year 2: 6 cents
Year 3: 4 cents
Year 4: 2 cents